Professional development and training is crucial to keeping you and your program thriving. From the big-picture goals of preparing children for school and maintaining your business, to the day-to-day challenges of keeping children engaged and happy, Child Care Aware is here to help with online and face-to-face training opportunities.
Develop offers training and quality improvement tools to support early learning and school-age care. It is a one-stop shop, replacing MNStreams, where you and your organization can manage your professional development and quality improvement efforts. Sign-up for a free Develop account or membership today by visiting www.developtoolmn.org!
Available Tools and functions
Here are just a few things you can do with a Develop membership:
- Use self-assessment tools to identify opportunities for professional growth
- Make a professional development plan
- Search and register for training opportunities in your area
- Track and verify your employment, education and training history
- Track your completion of licensing training requirements and your staff qualification level
- Earn a Career Lattice Step
- Manage your staff’s professional development.
- Use environment self-assessment tools to identify opportunities for quality improvement.
- Track program achievements such as accreditation and Parent Aware Star Ratings.
- Apply for Parent Aware using convenient online forms.
- Submit documentation of your program’s quality.
- Design a Quality Improvement plan.
- Discover Relationship-Based Professional Development (RBPD) resources, such as coaching, consulting and mentoring.
Account VS. Membership
You will have two options when you join Develop; you can sign up for an account or a membership. Both are options are free.
Setting up an account takes only a few moments and will give you access to the training data base and registration abilities. All that is required is a current email address.
Signing up for a Develop membership is a bit more time intensive, but with it you will earn your Career Lattice Step certificate and access to all of Develop's tools. You will also be issued a Develop membership card for fast sign-in at trainings. For this option you will enter information about your education and employment history and send in official transcripts. This is the only potential cost involved.
Want instructions on how to apply for an individual account or membership? Click here.
Need help registering your organization on Develop? Click here.
Looking for instructions on how to apply for Parent Aware through Develop?
Child Care Aware of Minnesota offers a variety of trainings, both online and in-person, to help you meet your licensing requirements and professional development goals. You can search and register for the following types of trainings at www.developtoolmn.org once you have a Develop account or membership.
If online isn't your speed, a variety of face-to-face trainings are regularly offered at wide range of venues throughout the state. Learn directly from a qualified trainer and engage in active discussion with other child care professionals.
ANYTIME LEARNING (ATL)
Anytime Learning online modules are self-paced trainings designed to give providers the flexibility to learn on their own time and at their own speed. Participants follow interactive presentations that feature an easy-to-use control panel with audio and video support, along with learning checkpoints and quizzes to help participants stay engaged.
Eager-to-Learn courses provide accessible educational opportunities to people who care for children. Child care providers, early childhood and school-age professionals, parents, and other caregivers are invited to network and learn, all from the comfort and convenience of home.